8. It can be inferred from the passage that during the 1930’s
(A) Henry Moore’s sculptures were getting popular.
(B) Henry Moore influenced Picasso.
(C) the abstract movement was gaining strength.
(D) Henry Moore became a student of Picasso.
9. The word austere in the passage is closest in meaning to
10. The author states that Moore’s pieces are evocative of natural
landscapes to imply that
(A) the sculptures give the impression of outdoor scenery.
(B) the sculptures look good when placed outside.
(C) the sculptures are more beautiful than Nature itself.
(D) the pieces are built from natural materials.
11. The word ample in the passage is closest in meaning to
12. According to the passage, Henry Moore was influenced by all of
the following EXCEPT
(A) Pre-Columbian art
(B) abstract art
(C) landscape paintings
(D) the Italian Renaissance
13. Which one of the following sentences should NOT be included in
a summary of the passage?
(A) Henry Moore’s style was influenced by a variety of
(B) The work of Henry Moore has contributed to the beauty
of modern towns and cities.
(C) Picasso and others are what made the abstract movement
so popular in the 1930’s.
(D) The prevailing theme of Henry Moore’s work is the
harmony between Nature and humanity.
14. According to the passage, which of the following statements
about Henry Moore is NOT true?
(A) He was a soldier before he was a university student.
(B) His talents were not confined to sculpting alone.
(C) He was open to learning from other artists.
(D) He was not influenced by Pre-Columbian art until later in his life.